
I was very happy so I decided to go as it had been a long time since I had seen him. His birthday was on Saturday, and so I agreed to go as I was free on that day. At around Thursday, I went to Tampines Mall to buy my friend a birthday gift. I did not know what to buy for him, so I decided to pick a random gift and give it to him. In the end, I bought a really cool magic tricks set. I was hoping that my friend would like the gift I bought for him.
On Saturday, it was my friend's party. I was full of excitement at the thought of the cake and the goodies. After lunch, I had a shower and was ready to go for his party. Just as I was about to leave the house, my mother came running to me and telling me not to go. I asked her why and she replied, "your aunt has met with an accident and is currently hospitalized." I was shocked at the news. I was in a dilemma, whether to go for my friend's party or to visit my aunt. There was less than an hour to the party and I had to made an important decision. So, I decided to phone up my friend and tell him that I could not make it to his party. I also explained what had happened and apologized. He was really understanding and said he did not mind that at all. In fact, he wanted me to sent his regards to my aunt. So, I thanked him and thought how lucky I was to have such a good friend like him. I decided to pass him his present on Sunday since I could not make it on Saturday.
I have learnt to be much more understanding towards people from my friend

